Sunday, May 8, 2016

Word Problems, gotta lov'em!

Hi Everyone!

WORD PROBLEMS! This has been the favorite math words for my students this last week.  I made 10 new medium to difficult multiplication and division word problems that have multi-steps in each problem.

This time I once again put kids into 6 math groups to work on a single problem together on butcher paper.  The thing that I did different this time is that I copied the same word problem for 3 groups and the same but different word problem for the other 3 groups. This way when one group was finished, I then handed them what the other group was working on.

After all groups had finished both problems, I used the SMART board to show them a possible way to solve each problem. We were then able to discuss additional strategies that other students had come up with.

Here are some pics of my class working on these. Since I have started these kids beg for these word problems.






Thanks,
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment