Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Fun craft for summer vacation stories.

Hi Everyone!

So this week we have been working on summer vacation stories.  To go with this theme, I read the story How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Chris Van Allsburg.  This is a great story about a kid with a wild imagination.  I then had students write about their favorite summer vacation story. Once they wrote this we practiced editing skills which no one thought they needed! WRONG, lol.

Afterwards, I was inspired by a fellow teacher, who I like to call Amazing Amy (yes, she wears a cape) to do a similar activity craft she was doing with her student’s summer vacation stories. So I created a half sheet final draft sheet for their stories. I posted this below in a PDF link - Free.



I used a sunglasses pic from the website http://www.clker.com/clipart-black-and-white-sunglass-frames.html which is a free clipart site. Students colored the glasses and put mini-scene pics in the glass part of the glasses.




After students finished writing their final drafts and cut-out their completed sunglasses, I took them to attach to a long piece of construction paper. I pasted the story at the bottom and sun glasses above for students to draw their face and neck.




I think their final story and craft turned out great!

Thanks,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment